The Australian Performing Arts Grammar School (APGS) encourages diversity and welcomes international students from every countries of the world.
APGS students come from many countries around the world including New Zealand, Korea, China, Philippines, USA, India and the UK.
APGS is proud of its professional, dedicated, highly qualified and experienced staff. International Student Services Personnel, Ms Susan Duong has been appointed to look after the interests of students from overseas. APGS is accredited by the New South Wales Board of Studies for the delivery of the Higher School Certificate syllabi.
There are many reasons that over 180,000 international students come and study in Australia:
- High quality, first class education with modern facilities, excellent teachers, support services and international recognition.
- Quality standards assured by Australian government laws.
- Dynamic and energetic study environment with a choice of study pathways, entry points and study environments.
- Australia is a politically stable, safe and friendly country that welcomes international students and visitors.
- Excellent living standards with lower costs of studying and living compared with the United States and the United Kingdom.
- International students in Australia can work up to 20 hours a week, allowing them to earn money, gain useful work experience in a foreign country and meet a variety of new people.
- Australia is one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the world. You may find Australian very different from home, but it is welcoming, friendly and a lot of Australians understand your culture - more than 20 per cent of them were born in another country.
The academic courses at APGS follows the syllabus of the New South Wales Board of Studies, from Year 7 to 12.
Curriculum Guides are given to secondary students upon enrolment. Qualifications gained are:
- Year 12 Higher School Certificate
The curriculum taught is that prescribed by the New South Wales Board of Studies Registration and Accreditation Manuel.
Teaching methodology and Assessment procedures are in accordance with APGS's Secondary School Assessment Policy.
Admission of International Students
International students applying to APGS must provide reports and references to the International Student Services Office as part of the admission procedure.
APGS enrols students with limited language skills from Year 7 to 10 only. Students in Year 11 and 12 are expected to have a minimum level of 6.0 IELTS or equivalent.
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has authorised APGS to enrol international students on student visas for study in Australia. The Australian Performing Arts Grammar School Registered Provider Code is 02647M. An 80% attendance rate, as prescribed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, is a mandatory requirement that every international student needs to fullfil.
Even though APGS does not have on-campus housing, however we do liaise with a very reputabale company, "Global Experience" who deal with finding accommodation for international and local students. If you are interested in such services, please kindly contact APGS admin directly for further information. Students will be asked to give full details of accommodation and guardianship arrangements unless they are residing with a parent or immediate relative.It is the student or guardian's responsibility to advise APGS of any change of address.
Please click here to download a description of the ESOS Framework. This document
- spells out your rights and responsibilities as an international student,
- provides information on ensuring that APGS provides every international student with a quality education,and
- that the courses are registered with the
Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
Preparing to live and study overseas can be a difficult task. Adequate preparation and research will be essential for a successful stay.
Apply now by sending an online application to secure your place and prepare your studies at APGS.
Click here to download our International Student Handbook which will contain further information about APGS and what you need to do to prepare for your application
to study at APGS and stay in Australia.
here for FAQs pertaining to International Students.