Undergraduate courses in universities and conservatoria both in Australia and overseas - degrees include practical drama, theatre studies, theatre technology.
Undergraduate courses in universities and conservatoria both in Australia and overseas - degrees include instrumental or vocal music performance, music studies, ethnomusicology, music production/management and composition. Direct pathway options are also available for APGS graduates into leading undergraduate programs at the Australian International Conservatorium of Music (AICM).
Undergraduate courses in universities and conservatoria both in Australia and overseas
– degrees include practical dance, dance education and dance theory studies
Undergraduate courses in universities and conservatoria both in Australia and overseas -degrees include fine art, art theory and criticism, commercial art, industrial design.
Students from APGS have completed Bachelor degrees with the Australian International Conservatorium of Music, NIDA, La Salle – SIA in Singapore, Sydney Fine Art School, and the Sydney Conservatorium, Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts, and various main stream tertiary institutions world wide.
APGS students have also gone on to undertake TAFE Certificate IV/Diploma Courses in Drama, Instrumental Music, Vocal Music, and Music Theatre, Dance, Visual Art, Graphic Art, Fashion Design and Design respectively Australia-wide.
Professional Career Pathways::
- Professional actor in theatre, film, TV, radio, internet media
- Voiceover talent, working in film, TV and radio
- Acting teacher, either in an institution or a private studio
- Management performance coach – training corporate personnel to speak and manage media appearances with confidence and clarity
- Drama therapist
- Theatre technician
- Stage manager
- Lighting designer for theatre/film/TV
- Sound designer for theatre/film/TV
- Costume designer for theatre/film/TV
MUSIC- Instrumental and Vocal
- Professional performer – vocal or instrumental soloist, orchestra member, member of jazz bands, rock bands
- Session musician, recording music in recording studios.
- Session singer, recording vocal music in recording studios.
- Backing singer (in rock, pop, jazz R'n'B, soul, funk and similar genres)
- Music therapist
- Instrumental music teacher, either in an institution or a private studio
- Singing teacher, either in an institution or a private studio
- Professional dancer in a classical or contemporary company
- Professional freelance dancer in any dance genre
- Rehabilitative movement therapist (Pilates, etc.)
- Suit work (live characters such as Shrek, Humphrey Bear, Mickey Mouse, etc.)
- Calisthenics teacher
- Dance-fit instructor (Zumba and Body Jam, etc)
- Fine arts practitioner (sculptor, painter, printmaker, etc.)
- Graphic artist
- Architectural model-maker
- Art teacher
- Display artist for retail (shop-windows, store displays, etc.)
- Art director for film and TV
- Advertising graphic art specialist
- Art therapist
- Fashion designer
- Textile designer
- Storyboard artist for film
- Illustrator - children's books, technical books, graphic novels