The Australian Performing Arts Grammar School is a small independent, co-educational Year 7-12 school dedicated to extending students academically together with nurturing their passion and talent in the performing and creative arts. Our philosophy revolves around the values of respect, commitment and connection, and our students are encouraged to explore ideas and to expand their skills within a framework of trust and encouragement. APGS offers an arts rich education that fosters and provides students with the opportunity to flourish intellectually and creatively, whilst valuing their individuality and uniqueness.
APGS offers an enriched curriculum, which fosters independence, self-esteem, and a sense of commitment to the wider community. At APGS, all staff know all students and all students know each other from Years 7 to 12. This intimacy of the relationships, where students’ friendships cross year cohorts, results in students feeling supported both academically and socially. Indeed, as students pursue their passions and interests in a supportive environment, this culture of camaraderie over competition is a place where students cheer each other on and celebrate one another.
Mathematics Teacher – Permanent Part Time 0.4 (Term 1, 2024)
Please view further details here: https://www.seek.com.au/job/69561274
PDHPE Teacher – Permanent Part Time 0.4 (Term 1, 2024)
- Ability to teach Year 7-12 PDHPE
- a small, dynamic community where relationships are pivotal
- opportunities and a commitment to professional development
- No Saturday commitments.
- centrally located in Glebe, near University of Sydney and Central railway.
We are seeking an experiences part-time PDHPE teacher who understands the content and structure of the NSW curriculum.
The ideal candidate would:
- be a highly effective, innovative and motivated educator with a passion for teaching and student learning
- Have proven skills in programming, lesson planning, assessment and reporting strategies
- Recognise the importance of providing differentiated content, assessment and learning strategies in all classes
- Be an active user of the schools e-learning platform to support learning and communication
- Take an active interest in the general life of the School - supporting policies, procedures, aims and objectives in order to facilitate the day-to-day operation of, and promote a high quality of education
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills
- Be collegial, flexible and approachable
- Hold high expectations of self and others
General information about the School may be found on the School’s website at http://www.apgs.nsw.edu.au
For Candidates to be considered you must include the following:
- Applications should be addressed to the Head of School. Introduce yourself, the reasons for applying for the position, and why you are a suitable candidate.
- Work history, educational qualifications, references
- NESA accreditation number
- Working with Children Check (including Date of Birth for verification)
- other relevant professional and personal experiences
Closing Application date: Friday 22 September 2023